Hockey Mom-Olutions: 2016 Edition
Do any of you wonder where all the years are going? Remember when your kid(s) were mini mites, mites, timbits, timmies or whatever they call them in Canada? Each year I make a few resolutions to hopefully make our year of hockey the best one ever..or at least a little saner. So in that grand tradition here are mine for the new year and feel free to drop me a line and let me know yours..
I, Puckgal, being sort of sound mind and body commit to the following goals for 2016:
- Allow myself to relax and enjoy the fact that, unlike the boys, my girl goalie is probably done growing. With size 10 feet at 13, she better be!
- Let her make all the stupid faces in her hockey photos that she wants to. I will just keep collecting them for later blackmail..I am sure her first boyfriend will love them!
- Make rink time more productive. Running an errand or doing a little writing won't hurt my hockey mom gossip sessions too badly..plus I've seen just about every goalie drill known to goalie by now so I won't be missing anything!
-Forget the price tag..freaking out over ice fees, equipment and travel costs won't make them go away!
- Cheer more, mutter less. Out of nervousness I tend to mutter under my breath and it isn't helping my reputation of "crazy goalie mom".
- Speaking of reputation, I need to figure out why the coach calls me "trouble". I may be crazy but not sure how I earned the moniker of "trouble".
- And like every year I resolve to remember that I only have so many years of this phase in her life left and to ENJOY it while it lasts.
Have you any resolutions or goals this year for you or your player? Let me know in the comments and we can try to keep each other in line...well as much in line as hockey parents can be!