- Truly have an off season this summer (yeah right)
- Not consume so much Starbucks coffee and hot chocolate that I put their employees through college with my tips
- Retire my blingy hockey mom sweatshirt with the skate blade tear in the sleeve
- Remember that even at early morning practices other people still have to look at me so a little makeup couldn't hurt
- Wear close toed shoes. Desert dweller or not, sandals have no place in a locker room filled with 11 year olds and skate blades
- Mutter a little less at games. I already have the crazy goalie mom rep, it doesn't help when I mutter and rock
- Stop obsessing about the five hole
- Reconcile with the fact that the new car smell left the building about a week in and is NEVER coming back
- Not COMPLETELY break down when I pay the hockey bills
- Grow my hockey mom tribe (band together rink survivalists!!)
- Not really put her on that caffeine and cigarette diet that I threatened, to keep her from growing (that equipment is pricey!)
- Remove the phrase "shut out" from my vocabulary, unless it is used to hex the opposing goalie
- To not throttle the cowbell toting/ringing parent on the opposing team
- Last but not least to remember I do ALL of this to make one little girl very happy, very healthy and it's my privilege to watch it all happen...
Here's wishing you a stink-free, winning, injury free rest of the season and New Year!
What about you? What are your hockey resolutions, revelations, revolutions this year?